The herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is used in Ayurveda and considered as India’s ancient medicine. Its root has a horsey odor (ashva means “horse” and gandha means “smell”) and is supposed to provide a horse’s vigor and virility. Various components of the plant are utilized in supplements, but the most frequent is a root extract. The evergreen plant Ashwagandha grows throughout Asia and Africa. It’s a popular stress reliever. There isn’t much proof that it can be used as a “adaptogen.”
There are some best Ashwagandha brand in India listed here. To find the best ashwagandha brands of India is a difficult task. Sensoril is a unique mix of the ashwagandha plant’s leaves and roots and KSM-66 is a root-only extract of Ashwagandha.
Benefits of Ashwagandha
- There are a number of ailments that are treated with extracts of ashwagandha or powder made from the plant’s root or leaves. Its high content of withanolides, which have been found to combat inflammation and tumor development, is responsible for many of its health advantages.
- The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of ashwagandha root protect the skin from infections and acne. It also increases collagen production in the skin, which slows down the aging process.
- Ashwagandha prevents the formation of beta-amyloid plaques in the brain. These plaques, which are known to kill brain cells, form in the brains of patients suffering from neurodegenerative illnesses like Alzheimer’s.
- Regular consumption of Ashwagandha roots reduces stress, which aids in the treatment of respiratory ailments such as shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing, and chest congestion in Asthma.
- Through its impact on insulin secretion and sensitivity, ashwagandha lowers blood sugar levels. Individuals treated with ashwagandha showed an average drop in fasting blood sugar levels of 13.5 mg/dL in a 4-week trial in patients with schizophrenia.
- Withaferin, a bioactive molecule found in ashwagandha, has been demonstrated in animal and test-tube experiments to induce tumor cell death and may be helpful against a variety of cancers.
- Cortisol is a stress hormone that your adrenal glands release in reaction to stress and when your blood sugar levels go too low. Ashwagandha supplements may help reduce cortisol levels in persistently stressed people.
- In both animal and human trials, ashwagandha has been found to decrease stress and anxiety.
- Ashwagandha tablet benefits may aid in the treatment of depression. In a 60-day trial of 64 stressed individuals, those who took 600 mg of high-concentration ashwagandha extract per day saw a 79 percent reduction in severe depression, compared to a 10% rise in the placebo group.
- In males, ashwagandha increases testosterone levels and improves sperm quality and fertility.
- In men, ashwagandha has been found to boost muscular mass, lower body fat, and improve strength.
- There are many Ashwagandha tablets benefits that boost natural killer cell activity while also lowering inflammatory indicators.
- Ashwagandha tablet may help to improve brain function, memory, response speed, and task performance
Although ashwagandha is generally safe, certain people should not take it unless their healthcare professional has given them permission. Standardized root extract is typically taken once or twice a day in 450–500 mg capsules.