Breitling watches are recognized all over the world for their quality, performance, and style. All Breitling watches are COSC-certified chronometers, guaranteeing unrivaled accuracy, and the technological excellence of a Breitling watch is balanced by an unmistakable aesthetic code. Every Breitling watch has made a bold design statement since the company’s founding in 1884, highlighting Breitling’s artistic spirit.
You don’t have to be a pilot, an astronaut, or a hero in an emergency to own one. With a large collection of aviator watches, pilot watches are in their DNA. Their Swiss watches are also cutting-edge in terms of technology, with features like locators and distress beacons. Breitling has established itself in the luxury watch market as a manufacturer of professional timepieces. Some have unique features that are customized to particular circumstances. They have a wide selection of high-quality tool watches and are reasonably priced.
Breitling’s Various Collections
Breitling watches are unrivaled examples of Swiss craftsmanship and are one of the most prestigious watch brands in the world. Breitling is the world’s first watch brand to equip every major model with chronometer-certified movements, making it the official supplier to the world of aviation. Here are Breitling’s collections that for sure you would want to add to your watch collections:
- Breitling Navitimer
- Breitling Chronomat
- Breitling Endurance Pro
- Breitling Avenger
- Breitling Superocean
- Breitling Premier
Breitling’s Navitimer watch collection, which debuted in 1952 and features a manual navigation computer, has become the brand’s trademark. The Navitimer World, Cosmonaute, Montbrillant, Montbrillant Legende, Montbrillant Olympus, Datora, and Chronomatic have all been added to the collection.
Advantages of Buying a Breitling Watch
- They are known for being extremely skilled watches. One of these is the Breitling Navitimer 01, equipped for pilots, astronauts, military forces, search and rescue operations, and more.
- Breitling has a few smartwatches, including the Exospace B55 watches, with unique smart features for pilots and aerospace professionals.
- Breitling has a watch called the Breitling Emergency that has a distress beacon and locator, which is useful in case of an emergency.
- It has a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase and is much less expensive than Rolexes.
- They have a range of limited edition and special edition watches.
- Quartz watches from Breitling are more precise and need less maintenance than mechanical watches.
- More affordable watches like the Breitling Colt Skyracer for men cost about $2,000 and are powered by a COSC approved Breitling SuperQuartzTM Caliber 74 movement.
Celebrities Who Wear Breitling
Many celebrities have opted to wear a Breitling watch, including comedian Dave Chapelle, TV host Simon Cowell, singer Miles Davis, and actors Tommy Lee Jones and John Lovitz, who are both fans of the Breitling Navitimer. Ludacris, a rapper, favors the Breitling Super Avenger. Since he is an avid pilot, John Travolta may be the biggest and safest spokesperson for Breitling watches. Travolta has been seen wearing a variety of Breitling watches, but his favorite is the Navitimer. Tom Cruise prefers the Breitling Emergency Mission, while Leonardo DiCaprio prefers the Chronograph Avenger.
Fun Facts about Breitling
- Léon Breitling founded Breitling when he was only 24 years old.
- Breitling expanded to a new factory less than ten years after founding the company at the age of 24.
- Both of the Breitlings died young and unexpectedly.
- The name Breitling did not appear on watch dials until the late 1920s.
- Breitling introduced the Vitesse stopwatch in 1930.
- In 1995, Breitling introduced the Emergency wristwatch.
- More than a dozen lives have been saved thanks to Breitling’s Emergency watch.
- In 1952, Breitling introduced the famous Navitimer model.
- The chronograph was invented by Breitling.
- Breitling supplied the Royal Air Force with a significant number of chronographs in 1939.
- In 1952, Breitling developed its “navigation computer.”
- In 1969, Breitling developed the self-winding chronograph movement.
- Breitling’s SuperQuartz campaign debuted in 2001.
- Breitling was the first company to launch a chronograph watch into space.
- Breitling’s quartz movements are all COSC accredited.
- Every Breitling employee is given a Breitling watch.
- Kelek was acquired by Breitling in 1997.
- When it was first introduced in La Chaux-de-Fond, Breitling was renamed Breitling Chronometrie.
- In 1914, Léon Breitling died.
- Gaston Breitling, Leon’s uncle, died suddenly in July 1927.
- In the film Fireball, James Bond wore a Breitling watch.
- Breitling’s in-house chronograph movements were first published in 2009.
After knowing the Breitling collections, it is one of the most distinctive watch brands on the market. Their watches, which are mainly but not exclusively inspired by aviation, are instantly recognizable from afar and have their distinct personality. Breitling is known for producing high-quality timepieces. While there are exceptions, the overall build quality, and finish are commendable for the price point and the quartz timepieces are all high-accuracy, and their mechanical timepieces are all professional chronometers (COSC certified).
For mechanical movements, the bulk of them is ETA-based standardized movements that are heavily changed by Breitling to meet their quality assurance requirements. They do, however, have a few models of their movement, which is slowly gaining popularity in the watch world.