Submitting your website to directories is an essential part of having a successful online presence. The problem is, many people don’t know where to go, what to submit to, or how often to check back to see if you’ve been accepted. So I have come up with everything you need to know about directory submission sites.
In this article, we will discuss What are directory submission sites, How to make directory submission effective for your SEO campaign, the Advantages and disadvantages of directory submission sites, and everything related to directory submission.
I will also provide a list of high authority directory submission sites that I use on my link-building campaign. I hope you will find this article helpful to your link-building campaign too.
When you run a website, it’s important to track the number of visitors and where they come from. This information is known as website analytics. By using website analytics, you can see which pages are the most popular, how people are finding your site, and what marketing campaigns are working best. You can also see which pages people are leaving your site from and make changes to keep them engaged. Learn More: What Do Website Analytics Allow You To Do?
What Are Other Ways To Build Backlinks?
- PDF Submission Sites: PDF submission sites are a great way to get high-quality backlinks for your seo campaign. Not only do these sites provide great link juice, but they can also send a lot of traffic your way.
- Classified Submission Sites: Classified submission sites are websites where you can post ads for free. These websites allow you to list your products or services and reach a large audience.
- Profile Creation Sites: Profile creation sites are websites that allow you to create a profile for yourself. They are often used for SEO purposes, as they can help you to build links and create backlinks to your website.
- Instant Approval Article Submission Sites: Article submission sites are a great way to get your website seen by potential customers. When you submit articles to these sites, you can include a link to your website in the author bio box. This will help increase traffic to your site.
- Infographic Submission Sites: They are websites that allow users to submit infographics for free.
- Forum Submission Sites: A forum submission site is an online platform where people can discuss a variety of topics or exchange information. It is one of the oldest and most popular ways to get website traffic.
- Best Web 2.0 Sites: Web 2.0 sites are those that allow users to interact with one another in order to create content. These sites are often used for social networking, and they can be great for SEO purposes since they tend to have high domain authority and PageRank.
- Free Business Listing Sites: Listing your business on these sites will help customers find you, and it will also help search engines index your site.
- Press Release Submission Sites: Press release submission sites are websites that accept press releases from organizations and individuals and post them on the site in order to share the news with the public.
- Video Submission Sites: They allow you to share videos with a large audience, and they also help you to rank higher on search engine results pages.
- Coupon Submission Sites: This is another way to get the link to your website. If you are selling a product or service on your website, these coupon submission sites might be helpful for you. These sites will help you by spreading your products to large audiences who are trying to find the products at discounts.
- Story Submission Sites: These sites work the same as article submission sites.
- Wiki Submission Sites: A wiki is a very popular platform used by many content marketers and businesses to get the attention of people they want to share their content with.
- Social Bookmarking Sites: By using social bookmarking, you will get a lot of backlinks, as well as traffic, branding, and promotion. As a digital marketing or SEO expert, you must be aware of it.
- Image Submission Sites: Image submission sites are websites where Internet users can upload images for public viewing. They allow you to submit images related to your website and link them back to your site.
- PPT Submission Sites: PPT submission sites are web pages where you can upload your PowerPoint presentation for free so that other people can view it. This can be a great way to get publicity for your presentation and to reach a wider audience.
- Ping Submission Sites: When you ping a site, it notifies various search engines and directories of your site’s existence. This can help to improve your site’s ranking and visibility in search engine results pages.
- Question And Answers Submission Sites: Q&A sites are websites where people can ask questions and receive answers from other users or experts. You can get links by answering questions on the sites.
- Microblogging Sites: Microblogging platforms are popular among users of all ages and can be used for a variety of purposes, including networking, marketing, and communication.
- RSS Feed Submission Sites: They allow you to submit your RSS feed to their site, which will then syndicate your content out to their users
- Review Submission Sites: There are a variety of sites on the internet that allow users to submit reviews of products, services, and businesses. For those looking to improve their search engine optimization (SEO), these sites can be a valuable resource.
So let’s begin,
Getting backlinks from such a high PR directory indicates that our page is worthy. It will also help increase our site’s popularity, page authority, domain authority, page rank in the search results, and we can get referral traffic too. To rank higher on the search result page, Directory submission is one of the free, easy, and effective techniques.
When it comes to SEO, Along with building links, One of the most crucial aspects of any website or blog is technical SEO. This is what makes your website or blog’s performance on search engines like Google. Google is considerably more interested in the technical SEO of your websites and blogs. Follow this Technical SEO checklist to get more SEO benefits and boost your ranking.
What Are Free Directory Submission Sites
Directory submission sites are websites that allow businesses and individuals to submit a listing for their website. This can be a great way to increase traffic to your website, as these directories are often high-traffic websites. When submitting your website, be sure to include accurate and up-to-date information.
Directory submission sites are a great way to increase your website’s visibility on the search engine result page. By submitting your website to these directories, you are increasing your chances of being found by potential customers. Not only that, but you are also getting backlinks to your website, which can help improve your search engine ranking.
Directory submission sites are one of the best and cheapest ways to get your website listed in the search engines. There are many different directory submission sites out there, so it is important to choose the right ones. You need to make sure that the directories are reputable and have high web traffic. Also, you have to take care of their domain authority, page authority and spam score, etc.
Directory submission is an online marketing technique used to increase website visibility and improve search engine ranking. There are many websites that offer directory submission services, and it can be difficult to determine which ones are the most effective. In this article, I have provided a list of some of the most popular and reliable directory submission sites which I often use on my SEO projects. To get the most benefit from directory submission, Please read this article till the end and follow every guidelines or tip I have mentioned here.
Social Signal Backlink is a new type of backlink that can be generated via social media. It involves the use of social signals as a way to discover and gain visibility for your content on the web. The backlink is generated by publishing content on sites such as Facebook Touch, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, etc., and then connecting those profiles with your website.
Why We Should Use Free Directory Submission Sites For SEO
Directory submission falls under the off-page SEO technique. Being free and easy to submit our websites on such directories, every beginner can build backlinks to their sites without any hassles.
High authority directories help you by passing quality link juice to your sites, Which indicates that your pages are valuable. As a result, there will be more chances to appear on the first page of search result pages of major search engines like google and bing. This will directly help in driving targeted audiences to your blog or business websites. Besides this, we use directory submission for the following reasons:
- To Increase the site’s popularity
- To increases page authority
- To get traffic
- To level up domain authority
- To get high page rank on search result
How to Submit a Website to a Directory Submission Site?
- First of all, you will need to make a list of high authority directory submission sites that are going to work best for your business.
- Second step is, you have to prepare with information to input on those directory sites. This may include your business name, URL, Contact information, Category and short description about your business.
- Then you have to open each directory site one-by-one on your favorite web browser and start submitting your information.
- After you have provided every required information, you can complete the process by simply clicking on the submit button.
Pro Tips: Don’t submit more than one URL on the same directory submission site. Some directory submission sites require you to verify your email address, So you must use an active email address while submitting to these directories. I recommended you create one separate email account for such link-building campaigns. Usually, verification email from such directory sites goes under your spam folder, so don’t forget to check them.
How To Find Best Free Directory Submission Sites To add Your URL
A directory can be defined as either an online listing of websites or the area on the web where you can submit your websites to attract a targeted audience to your business. Finding the best directory submission sites can be a difficult task for every beginner. Here are some tips that you can follow to find directory sites that are really beneficial for your link-building campaign.
Ask with expert
One good way to find out about Free directory submission sites is to ask people who have used them. Ask whether they had good results and if their backlink development process was smooth. Check whether the directories they submitted to were only relevant to a particular category or included any broad categories.
In choosing Free directory submission sites, look for those offers or services that are reliable and effective. These services should provide quality backlinks to improve your web traffic and increase your site’s page rank. Also, these services should offer reasonable prices. They should also have reliable customer support so that you can have questions answered when you need them.
Grab Competitor’s Link
When you are about to build backlinks to your site, one of the simple ways is to grab competitors’ incoming links using various tools like Semrush, ahrefs, Spyfu, etc. This method is one of the easiest methods in the link-building process. Simply insert your competitor’s page URL on those tools and get to know all their links’ profiles.
Use Google operators
Google search operators are commands that allow you to refine your search results. The main purpose of using this technique in link building is to find relevant sites to get links from. Since Google gives more value to links from relevant sites, this technique might be a gold mine for every SEO professional.
How to use google operators
Using the Google search operators, You can simply Research relevant sites to link to yours. You may type your niche in the address bar of your browser and insert a space, then type search terms like “insert URL” “add URL” “add link”, and then hit enter. By doing this you can find thousands of relevant directories from which you can get links to your site. For example, if you are finding directories for your fashion business, you can simply search the following term on google: Fashion “Submit Link”.
Some search terms to find a free directory submission sites are:
- “Add url”
- “Add site”
- “Add link”
- “Add website”
- “Submit url”
- “Submit site”
- “Submit link”
- “Submit website”
- “Suggest url”
- “Suggest site”
- “Suggest link”
- “Suggest website”
Types of directory submission
- Free Directory Submission: It takes more than 8-10 weeks to list your link on free directory submission sites. And it’s not guaranteed that they will list your site or not. But keep trying to list your pages to free directory submission sites.
- Paid Directory Submission: If you pay for listing your links on the directory, they will immediately approve your listing.
- Reciprocal Directory submission: This is a back link exchanging technique. To get your link listed on the directory, you have to post their links on your site too.
- Automated Directory Submission: The submission of these directories can be done via numerous tools and software found on the internet. I don’t recommend using such tools. This technique falls under black hat SEO and your site might be penalized by search engines.
Benefits of Free Directory submission sites
The benefits of directory submission are endless. There are simply so many benefits to having your website listed in the directory, Some includes:
- It allows people to find your site easily.
- It will give exposure to your website and help it to grow.
- Normally, Directory submission sites have high traffic and high authority, which will directly help to gain high ranking on SERP.
- It helps index your site faster by the search engines.
- Directory submission is one of the free and easy methods to obtain backlinks.
- Thousands of directories available to get links from.
Quick Tips For Submitting sites on Free Directory Submission sites
- Before submitting your URL to any directory submission sites, make sure to check its domain authority, page authority and spam score.
- Select only High DA and PA sites for your link building campaign.
- Avoid sites with high spam scores. Getting links for such sites will hurt your SEO.
- Provide the right information about your business.
- Use an active email account while submitting your site.
- Only list your sites to relevant directories
- Choose the proper category for your submission.
- Check the directory you choose has been indexed on the search engine or not.
- Don’t submit the same URL in the same directory for more than one time.
- Make sure that your submission has been approved or not.
- It would be wise of you to read any guidelines given by the directory submission sites you use. This will help you understand what you are looking at and avoid making common mistakes.
Free Directory Submission Sites List for 2022
Directory submissions are a simple process where you submit your site to any of the directory sites that offer such service. This is done by submitting your site to the relevant and appropriate category of the directory.
Most of the directories provide a free service for submissions. Some provide paid listings too, If you are just starting your SEO career, it will be better to go for free. As you gain more experience in the future, then you may try paid listings too.
So, finally, you have come to the directory submission sites list. All these sites have good domain authority and page authority. Also, they have high traffic. Simply open one-by-one directory sites on your web browser and start submitting your site.
Top 11 High Authority Directory Submission Sites List
Top Free Directory Submission Sites List
Directory submission is an important aspect of the web. It allows you to direct search engines to your site and helps you get more traffic and readers. Here is a list of top free directory submission sites list, which will help you to get high authority links and boost your SEO.
|S.N.||Free Directory Submission Sites|
Best Free Directory Submission Sites list
Directory submission sites are portals that allow you to submit your website to directories. These directories let you reach out to millions of people who are looking for your products or services. Check these free directory submission sites to help your SEO campaign.
|S.N.||Best Free Directory Submission Sites|
High Authority Free Directory Submission Sites
This is a list of high-authority and free directory websites that you can use to submit your sites to boost your rankings.
|S.N.||High Authority Free Directory Submission Sites|
Best Free Do-follow Directory Submission Sites List
If you have been searching for a good directory submission sites list that provides do-follow links, here I have compiled a list of free and high authority directory submission sites, which will make your job a lot easier.
|S.N.||Free Do-follow Directory Submission Sites|
High DA Directory Submission Sites List
Take the hassle out of directory submission, get your site on the web with high authority directory submission sites. Hundreds of high authority directory submission sites are ready to help you dominate the search engine results pages (SERPs).
|S.N.||High DA Directory Submission Sites|
High PR Directory Submission Sites List
Directory submission sites are one of the most popular and easy ways to get high-authority links. But when it comes to the quality of the links, they are one of the most debated topics in the SEO community. Follow these sites to ensure you get high authority links which surely help you to boost your SERP position.
|S.N.||High PR Directory Submission Sites|
Instant Approval Directory Submission Sites
Submitting your sites to these instant approval directory submission sites will help you gain quick exposure for your website.
|S.N.||Instant Approval Directory Submission Sites|
High DR Directory Submission Sites
Having links from these High DR directories informs search engines that your website is more valuable. As a result, you will appear on the first page of the search result page easily.
|S.N.||High DR Directory Submission Sites|
High Page Rank Directory Submission Sites
Following High page-rank directories passes quality link juice to your site. As a result, you will get a high ranking on SERP easily.
|S.N.||High Page Rank Directory Submission Sites|
High Domain AUthority Directory Submission Sites
Use these High domain authority directory submission sites for your link-building campaign.
|S.N.||High Domain Authority Directory Submission Sites|
High PR USA Directory Submission Sites List
There are numerous USA directory submission sites on the internet. Selecting the best one can be a difficult task. To make things easier for you, I have compiled a list of some of the best high-authority USA directory submission sites.
|S.N.||USA Directory Submission Sites|
Find more: USA Directory Submission Sites
High DA UK Directory Submission Sites List
UK Directory Submission sites are a great way to promote your business based in the United Kingdom. You can list your website on a variety of top-ranked UK directory submission sites to ensure quality backlinks and organic traffic. Here are some of the best directory submission sites for the UK.
|S.N.||UK Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: UK Directory Submission Sites
Best Australian Directory Submission Sites List
Adding your website to these Australian directory submission sites will boost your domain authority and drive traffic to your site. As a result, your page rank will rise and you will get tons of organic traffic, which is a key factor of off-page SEO.
|S.N.||Australian Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Australian Directory Submission Sites
High DA Canada Directory Submission Sites List
Canadian directory submission sites offer local business owners a great way to market their products within their country. Using these directories will help you reach a larger audience. It is one of the most effective ways to advertise your online business in Canada through these Canadia directory submission sites.
|S.N.||Canadian Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Canadian Directory Submission Sites
High DA European Directory Submission Sites List
Backlinks from these directories can greatly increase traffic to your website. These directories can help you promote your website in Europe.
|S.N.||European Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: European Directory Submission Sites
Best Pets and Animals Directory Submission Sites List
Getting listed on these pets and animals directory submission sites will not only increase traffic to your website, but they will also increase your SEO performance. This will improve your visibility and help local searchers find your pet-related service.
|S.N.||Pets and Animals Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Pets and Animals Directory Submission Sites
High PR Deep Link Directory Submission Sites List
Following are some of the High PR deep link directory submission sites. Just list your sites on these directories and wait for the result. Believe me, you will be amazed at your ranking.
|S.N.||Deep Link Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Deep Link Directory Submission Sites
Best Free Travel Directory Submission Sites List
The more backlinks your website has, the better and more visitors it will receive. If you want to use SEO effectively on your travel site, you should submit your website to as many travel directories as possible. By doing so, you can rank higher on search engines.
|S.N.||Travel Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Travel Directory Submission Sites
High DA Sports Directory Submission Sites List
Here are some sports directory submission sites you can use to increase your search engine rankings for sports-related sites.
|S.N.||Sports Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Sports Directory Submission Sites
Top Reciprocal Directory Submission Sites List
In a reciprocal link, each webmaster links to the other’s website within their websites. In most cases, the purpose of this is to give readers quick access to related sites or to show collaboration between two sites. Use these reciprocal directory submission sites to boost your ranking.
|S.N.||Reciprocal Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Reciprocal Directory Submission Sites
Best Shopping Directory Submission Sites List
By selecting the right directory for your business, you can ensure that you get the best return on investment from your submissions. These directories are great for SEO and can improve the ranking of your shopping site. It will give you the best exposure for your website.
|S.N.||Shopping Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Shopping Directory Submission Sites
Best Free Real Estate Directory Submission Sites List
For any real estate professional, using the following real estate directories for search engine optimization is a smart move.
|S.N.||Real Estate Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Real Estate Directory Submission Sites
Free Health and Fitness Directory Submission Sites List
There are a number of health and fitness directory submission sites that are free to list and give your local SEO a boost. Here are some of the trusted health and fitness directories to promote your health and fitness business.
|S.N.||Health Directory Submission Sites|
Free Automotive Directory Submission Sites List
You can submit your listing to these automotive directories for free, or you can pay to be featured. There are some automotive directories that offer both free and paid features. Although, if you’re just starting out, you might want to try out the free options first.
|S.N.||Automotive Directory Submission Sites|
Find More: Automotive Directory Submission Sites
Some Tips On How To Improve Your Website’s Traffic
- Do keyword research
- Write engaging content
- Contribute to guest blogs
- Maintain an active social media presence
- Advertise to drive more traffic
- Send Email Newsletters
- Outreach to influencers
- Create useful content or tools for your industry
- Contribute to Influential Publications
- Create and exchange backlinks
Pro Tips To Improve Your Search Rank For Free
- Ensure that your website is user-friendly. Make sure your content is optimized for SEO.
- Improve your backlink profile.
- Improve the speed of your website.
- Identify and fix broken links.
- Make sure your images are optimized.
- Use H1 and H2 header tags.
- Optimize your website for local search.
- Improve voice search optimization.
How To Get More Backlinks To Your Website – Quick Tips
- Check out top referral sources to find backlink opportunities.
- Check out your competitor’s link profile.
- Produce content that is Link-Worthy.
- Take advantage of infographics to capture backlinks.
- Use Help a Reporter Out (HARO).
- Get started with guest blogging.
- Participate in interviews.
- Engage in a variety of forums.
- Add Your Site to Resource Pages.
More Benefits Of Free Directory Submission Sites
There are numerous benefits of free directory submission sites. Among them here are some major benefits we can grab from those sites:
- High-quality backlinks
- Boost SEO
- Gain huge traffic
- Instant search engine visibility
There are numerous advantages of free directory submission sites. One of the major advantages of it is the high-quality backlinks. It helps in improving the rankings of your website. This will lead to an increase in the traffic to your website. All the major search engines look at the number of backlinks on your website before they rank you.
Directory submission has great SEO benefits. Once your web pages are submitted to the directory submissions, they will be listed in the top ranks of the search engines. If you choose the right directory submission sites, the search engines will find your site frequently. This will have a very good effect on your business growth.
Gain Huge Traffic
Another important thing about free directory submission sites is that the web directories are constantly updated. This means that your site will be ranked better and more often than the other sites submitted by the competitors. As a result of this, your site will get more traffic and more visitors.
Instant Search Engine Visibility
On the other hand, SEO experts use directory submissions for faster indexing of web pages. This can provide you with instant search engine ranking and visibility.
Free directory submission sites FAQs
What are directory submission sites?
Submissions to directories are part of off-page optimization. A web directory submission involves submitting your site to a specific category, for example, submitting your tutorial website to the education category.
Does directory submission still work?
Submissions to directories still work for SEO. However, they must be done appropriately. You will get the best results from your directory campaign if you use an up-to-date link-building strategy. As much as possible, try to prioritize organic traffic and attract quality links to increase your online presence.
What is a bad link?
Links that violate Google’s guidelines are considered bad links. This can potentially result in penalties. No matter where the links are coming from, whenever you build a link you should pay attention to signals. A black hat link-building technique like link farms paid links, link wheels can also get you in trouble.
Are directories still good for SEO?
Not at all. You still might get a small benefit from web directories, just as you would from any other site that links to you. In spite of this, Google penalizes web directories due to the fact that they have been abused over the years as an SEO tactic.
What are backlinks?
Simply a backlink is a link to another website. You can get backlinks to your website by submitting your website to directories, Guest posting, Social bookmarking, Press releasing, and more. So, what are backlinks? They’re the key to getting more traffic to your website.
Free backlink checker: To help you check the backlinks of your site
Here are the top 5 free backlink checker tools you can use to check the backlinks of your site:
– Google Webmaster
– Ahrefs free backlink checker
– The HOTH
– Small SEO Tools
– Link Assistant
What is free high PR directory submission?
Basically, it is a method that involves submitting links or URLs to a web directory, and adding information about that site under a specific category. If you prefer, you can choose between free and paid directories based on your preference.
What are do-follow links?
Those links that allow Google and other search engines to point to your website or blog are do-follow links.
What is a reciprocal link URL?
The reciprocal link is an interlinking of two or more sites that cover similar topics or deliver complementary goods or services to each other. Linking each other’s sites may benefit the visitors of the sites as well as the owners.
Backlinks are very important to increase traffic to your site. For this reason, submitting your site to high-traffic directories increases your chance of getting indexed. However, you should ensure that the submission process is done properly so that you can expect genuine results on your site.
Before you start directory submissions, you should make a list of websites on which you want to submit your site. To make this easier, I have already provided a huge list of quality directory submission sites above in the article. However, do not submit your website to all the directories. You should prioritize these websites that have high PR and that have higher Domain Authority.
If you face any problem during directory submission or if you have any queries regarding this, please feel free to comment below.