Guest posting is simply publishing your article on sites that are owned by some other than you. Or in another word, Guest posting is when a blogger offers to write for a website in exchange for exposure. This can be done on any topic and can be an effective way to get your blog noticed by larger audiences. It’s also a great way to build relationships with other bloggers and editors, and to learn more about different topics. This is one of the most effective off-page SEO activities which does not fall under black hat SEO.
Throughout this article, I will teach you everything about guest posting sites such as: how to find guest blogging opportunities, how to pitch them to publish your articles, what to do and what not to do while performing this off-page activity, how to get the most from guest blogging, etc. Also, I will provide a huge list of free guest posting sites that you can include in your campaign.
So let’s get started.
It is in no way a guarantee that you will be accepted by all of the websites listed below or any of them. Whether your post will be accepted or not depends on your writing skills and experience, the guidelines of the respective website and various other factors. Therefore you have to make sure that your content is top-notch quality and you have met all their publishing guidelines before reaching out to webmasters for guest blogging offers.
By the time you read this post, some sites may have changed their guest posting guidelines or some sites may have stopped publishing guest posts. So please confirm these things before you pitch them. For your convenience, I promise that I will try my best to keep this list updated. So, let’s move on to the rest of the content.
What Are Free Guest Posting Sites?
Websites or blogs that allow any person or agency of the same niche to write for their website or blog and publish their articles on their site are called free guest posting sites. Usually, guest posting sites are free, but in some cases, some webmasters ask you for some dollars as an editorial fee.
Reasons For Guest Posting
Guest posting is done for many reasons. For example, if you have launched a new product and are planning to promote them to a large audience, So how do you do this? Through social media ads? Or through search ads? Or through influencer marketing? These are good tactics but writing about your product or service and publishing them on well-established online media or related blogs is a far better option to get quick exposure and reach potential customers.
And another reason for guest posting can be for SEO purposes. The backlink is considered one of the most important factors after quality content to influence your content rank high on the search engine result page. There are lots of ways to build backlinks to your sites such as Directory submission, Profile creation, Classified submission, article submission, business listing etc. But will these links help you rank? It is a highly debated topic right now in the SEO world. Many experts have claimed that “when it comes to backlinks, quality matters over quantity and when it comes to quality backlinks, guest posting is the ultimate alternative”.
Why do Webmasters Allow You To Post On Their Sites?
There is no doubt that content is the main asset of any online publication, Whether it’s a personal blog or a big online magazine. They are always looking for new content for their site so that they can stand out from the competition, engage their reader and maintain their stability in the market. This is the main reason why they allow guests to write for them.
They also want to keep their site regularly updated and provide as much information as possible to their audience. So, getting a readymade article on the same niche will be another benefit for site owners.
When we look at this from an SEO perspective, it is best practice to publish as many relevant articles on the site to influence ranking as this helps to build strong interlinking. Doing this also helps in increasing the site’s authority.
Benefits Of Guest Posting For Your SEO
Why spend time writing articles for 3rd party websites instead of writing for your own? What are the benefits of doing so? These are the questions most beginners ask. After reading the following points, you will get answers to all these questions and will get motivated to do this.
Here are Some Benefits of Guest Blogging For SEO
Reach a Wider Audience
Guest blogging can help you reach a wide audience with your writing. By submitting your work to other blogs, you can increase your visibility and get new readers for your articles. However, make sure you select the right blog and write a post that is both interesting and relevant to the readers.
Get Referral Traffic
Guest blogging is one of the top sources of referral traffic. By writing about interesting topics, you can make their reader more curious about the matter and that will obviously lead to making them visit your website.
Get Quality Backlinks
By writing for third party websites, you can get backlinks in two ways. One is from the author profile section and another is from the body of the content. These backlinks do not fall under the black-hat SEO technique and these links will help you to climb the SERP ladder very quickly.
Increase Quick Exposure And Brand Awareness
By writing about your product or service and publishing them on multiple sites, your brand will get quick exposure to a large audience.
Improved online presence, quality backlinks, and increased brand awareness, all are important aspects of search engine optimization. So, there is no doubt that guest posting will help you to get a rapid ranking.
Expand Personal Network
By posting on other sites, you will be able to connect with new people and learn more about what they do. This can help you build relationships and connections that can lead to future opportunities.
Enhance Online Authority
Getting featured on authority sites in your field, you can broaden your reach and build credibility. Also, writing thoughtful and well-crafted content can enhance your online brand and attract clients or collaborators.
General Guest Posting Guidelines
There is not any universal guideline for guest posting. Each site has its own publishing policy. But there are some common rules that all sites follow. Here is an example of a publishing policy that most guest posting sites follow.
- First and foremost, the article must be of the same niche as the respective site.
- Content should be free from plagiarism, and grammatical and spelling errors.
- Content length should be 1200+ words.
- The content must be well researched, and of high- quality with prime examples, stats, proofs, etc.
- The article title should be catchy enough to attract readers to open it.
- Content on the body should have been broken with proper subheadings.
- Must include the original images.
- Must have an eye-catching conclusion.
This is just an example of guest posting guidelines. The guidelines of the site you want to post as a guest may be different or similar to this. So ensure that you have read the publishing policy of your desired site before going through guest posting or writing for them.
Things To Consider While Guest Posting
There are many things you need to pay attention to in order to be successful in guest blogging or to get the most out of it. If you do not work with a strong plan and dedication, you will probably fail. So, I have compiled here some points that you need to take care of when you write for any third party sites.
Find Relevant Sites To Guest Post
First and foremost, Identify websites and blogs within the same industry as yours. It is beneficial to get a link from a relevant site because it increases the chances of your article being approved and, on the other hand, it gives you lots of SEO benefits.
Read and Follow The Guest Posting Guidelines
Ensure that you have read the guest posting guidelines and follow everything mentioned in it. Doing so increases the chances of your article being accepted.
Write Exceptional Content
When a site allows you to do guest blogging, they would be expecting a very high-quality article from you. So, how to write a quality article that they can’t wait to publish on their site? follow these tips:
- Start with a killer title: Write a catchy title, but not too vague or misleading. The title should also be relevant to the subject matter of your piece.
- Don’t copy-paste or Spin: Create an original piece of content. Never think of copy-pasting or spinning the content. It can be easily detected.
- Write for Humans: When you are writing an article, always keep in mind that you are writing for humans. So, make it easy to understand with prime examples, stats, proofs, etc.
- Write Visual Rich Article: Never compromise on including visuals in your article. This makes the article very appealing.
- Break-Down The Article: Break down the article with proper subheadings to make the reader easily understand the article. Also, ensure to insert bullet points, bold, and proper formating.
- Proofread and Correct Errors: Before submitting the article to the webmasters, Proofread it and double-check whether it has any grammatical or spelling errors.
- Declare The Source: When writing an article, there might be situations in that you take help from various sources for any kind of data or insight. In such cases never forget to cite the source.
- Powerful Conclusion: None of the articles can be completed without a sweet conclusion. So, ensure to conclude the article with a beautiful summary.
Don’t Post The Same Article on Multiple Sites
Publishing the same article in many places is considered spam. Doing this will destroy your brand image as well as you may be caught by search engines and get penalized. So, ensure to avoid such spam.
How To Find Guest Posting Sites
There might be various ways to find guest posting opportunities but I recommend only one out of them. Which is simply Google Search. So, How go through this process?
Using Search Operators
Search operators are special characters that can be used in place of keywords when searching online. They allow you to narrow down your search results to specific websites, content types, or even specific dates. To find sites for guest posting you should use the following terms:
- Keyword “guest post”
- Keyword “write for us”
- Keyword “guest article”
- Keyword “guest post opportunities”
- Keyword “this is a guest post by”
- Keyword “contributing writer”
- Keyword “want to write for”
- Keyword “submit blog post”
- Keyword “contribute to our site”
- Keyword “guest column”
- Keyword “submit content”
- Keyword “submit content”
- Keyword “submit post”
- Keyword “This post was written by”
- Keyword “guest post courtesy of ”
- Keyword “guest posting guidelines”
- Keyword “suggest a post”
- Keyword “submit an article”
- Keyword “contributor guidelines”
- Keyword “submit news”
- Keyword “become a guest blogger
- “Keyword “guest blogger”
- Keyword “guest posts wanted”
- Keyword “looking for guest posts”
- Keyword “guest poster wanted”
- Keyword “accepting guest posts”
- Keyword “writers wanted”
- Keyword “articles wanted”
- Keyword “become an author”
- Keyword “become guest writer”
- Keyword “become a contributor”
- Keyword “submit guest post”
- Keyword “submit article”
- Keyword “guest author”
- Keyword “send a tip”
- Keyword inurl: “guest blogger”
- Keyword inurl: “guest post”
- allintitle: Keyword + guest post
How To Write A Perfect Guest Post Pitch?
Publishing your article on other’s sites is very challenging, However, if you have good strategy and communication skills, it will be far easier to make site owners accept your offer. So now you might be thinking about how to pitch webmasters with guest blogging offers? Well, let me give you some tips to reach out to them.
- Start with research: First you need to find out if they are allowing guest posts or not. Then only we can decide whether to proceed further or not. Next, do research on what kind of articles they publish and what’s missing on their site. This will make us easier to pitch them.
- Find out the way to contact them: Most webmasters provide “Contact Us” page on their site, while some have put their contact detail in the footer section. Also, some sites provide separate email addresses for different purposes. Such as separate mail addresses for content collaboration and separate for other purposes. So you have to ensure that you pick the correct contact information so that your pitch would reach the right person.
Now you are ready to send them outreach mail, but what will you write on it? How will you convince them? let me explain this with some examples.
- Subject line: You may have to work very hard till you send them a pitch email, but what if they don’t see your mail? This may happen if you sent mail without an email subject or with an annoying subject. So, keep in mind that your email subject should sound clear and professional.
Here are some good subject lines (from the emails I receive every day).
- Prove your value: Explain how your article will be useful for their readers. Also, don’t forget to tell about yourself in detail.
- Provide multiple topics idea: Offer as many topic ideas as possible, so that one of them will appeal to them.
- Short is sweet: Writing too long does not mean that they will get convinced, rather they might get irritated. That’s why make it short and sweet.
High Authority Free Guest Posting Sites List
There are many high authority free guest posting sites out there, but which ones are the best? Well, I have compiled a list of free guest posting sites to help you in getting started. The following sites offer a great opportunity to get started with guest blogging and build up your online presence. So if you’re looking for a way to increase your traffic and visibility, check out one or many of these high authority free guest posting sites!
Instant Approval Free Guest Posting Sites List
|S.N.||Instant Approval Guest Posting Sites||DA||PA|
In conclusion, guest posting can be an effective way to improve your website’s SEO, broaden your audience, and build relationships with other bloggers. By using the right guest posting sites, you can reach a large number of potential readers and followers. So what are you waiting for? Start submitting your articles today!