Falling under the aegis of the Mukhyamantri Nischay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojana (MNSSBY), the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme (BSCCS) has been designed with the objective of assisting students. It does so by providing them with financial aid, at affordable caveats. Students, belonging to economically weaker sections of society, who have successfully cleared their grade 12 examinations from government-run institutions, can apply for the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme to avail of financial aid to pursue higher education.
Over the course of this article, we shall look into the features of the Student Credit Card, as well as the eligibility criteria, documentation required, and the process of applying for the same.
Salient Features of the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
- Under this scheme, students can gain access to loans amounting to Rs. 4 Lakhs.
- Students can benefit by way of low-interest rates.
- The funds availed under this scheme can be utilised to purchase books, pay fees, and so on.
- A broad range of higher education courses is covered under this scheme.
- When opting for BSCC, students can repay the loan after they secure a job.
Process of Applying for the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
If you wish to apply for BSCC, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Start by visiting the Mukhyamantri Nischay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojana website (http://www.7nishchay- yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in/.)
- Step 2: Proceed by clicking on the ‘New Applicant Registration’ tab.
- Step 3: Once you enter the requisite details, click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Step 4: Once you enter the OTP you would have received, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 5: Once you complete the above-mentioned steps, your registration for the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme will be accepted. Post this, circle back to the ‘Home’ page.
- Step 6: You would have now received login credentials on your email or via SMS. Use this to log in to the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme website.
- Step 7: Proceed by keying in your new password, and repeat the login process, this time with your new password.
- Step 8: Fill in your personal information and click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 9: From the drop-down menu that is displayed, proceed by clicking on ‘Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme’.
- Step 10: Next, fill in the requisite information asked, and hit the ‘Submit’ button.
Eligibility Criteria for the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
If you wish to avail of the benefits of the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme (BSCCS), you must keep the following eligibility criteria in mind:
- You must be a citizen of India.
- You must reside in Bihar.
- You must not be more than 25 years of age.
- You must complete your intermediary education from institutions that are acknowledged by the Bihar School Exam Committee.
- You must complete your 12th grade from institutions that are certified by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or other alternative boards.
- Alternatively, you must be a Sub-Shastri student having studied at an institution that is certified by the Bihar State Sanskrit Education Board.
- Alternatively, you must be a Moulvi student from an institution that is certified by the Bihar State Madrasa Board.
- If you are already a degree holder of one level, you are not eligible under the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme to obtain another degree in the same group.
- You must have a CIBIL score of at least 700 or more.
- You must be in possession of a Unique ID (UID) or an AADHAR card.
- You must be in possession of a PAN card.
Documentation Required for Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
To avail of the scheme, you must have the documentation mentioned below:
- 10th and 12th-grade mark sheets.
- Documents clearly mentioning proof of admission into higher institutes of learning.
- A clear indication of application status (if there is a co-applicant).
- Documents citing proof of address.
- AADHAR card and PAN card.
- Bank statement.
- Form 16, and Family Income Statement.
Contact the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme Customer Care
If for any reason you wish to contact the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme (BSCCS) customer care unit, for clarification of doubts and trouble-shooting, you can do so at 1800 3456 444. Alternatively, you can send in your doubts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme (BSCCS) offers a new lease of life to students hailing from weaker sections of society, enabling them to pursue higher education, at affordable rates and flexible terms.