Hotmail is one of the world’s first services which is provided by Microsoft Corporation. Hotmail was launched in 1996 in California by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. In today’s world, email is important because it helps us to communicate, sending and receiving important data from each other. So, here we are going to tell you the solutions to export emails from Hotmail that will be used for backup purposes.
Many people are using Hotmail just because it’s an advanced feature like chatting, saving, exporting, emailing, etc Hotmail only used for the transfer of emails from one email client to another email client.
Why Do We Need to Backup Emails from Hotmail?
There are many incidents where users have lost their entire Hotmail Data. Hotmail users are also facing hack attacks, just like any other email clients facing. Hotmail has experienced various ups and downs through maintaining a user base. The main purpose of backup from Hotmail email folder to hard drive is cyber crime. In some cases, Data migrates from Hotmail to desktop email clients like Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, etc, and requires a backup task.
Methods to Export Emails from Hotmail with Attachments?
There are some easy methods to transfer emails from a Hotmail account. Which is defined below.
Method 1: Move emails from Hotmail to Gmail
These are the steps you need to follow to migrate Hotmail mailboxes to your Gmail account.
- First of all, Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Next click on the setting button>see all settings.
- After that select Import Mail & contacts which you want to transfer Hotmail emails to Gmail.
- Now, a dialogue box appears where you enter the Hotmail address and password and click on the continue button.
- Then select all the options you need to transfer Hotmail to Gmail and click on the start import button.
- And now wait for the complete all the process. It takes time depending on the data moved.
Method 2: Move Hotmail emails to Hard Drive
Follow the below-mentioned steps to export Hotmail emails to a Hard drive.
- Login to your Hotmail account.
- Open that Hotmail email you want to backup.
- Next to reply under the message’s header area.
- Now, Hit the option of the view message source.
- On the context button Right-click.
Follow the steps which are opening the source message.
- For Windows: press Ctrl+A entire the text and after that Ctrl+C Copy the selected code.
- For Mac: press Command+A then Command+C selected text and copy the message source on the Mac platform.
If your browser allows you with a direct option to save the email code in EML format:
- First, go file and save as in the email message source tab.
- Then rename the file whatever name saved you want to be followed by the .eml extension.
- Basically, browsers allow only .html or .htm extensions for saving purposes. If you want to save your file in the .eml extension then double-check the .eml extension.
- Press Continue and save the message file which path you want.
If Your browser does not allow save the email code in EML format:
- Start the next plain text editor such as the Notepad application.
- Then generate a new text document.
- If you are using the MAC system hit the Ctrl+V and for Windows Ctrl+V.
- After that save your text document with .eml extension on your hard drive.
So, these are the Manual methods to save Hotmail email data.
There are some limitations like it takes 2 days to export emails from Hotmail and here no folder selection option and no email filter option available in the manual method that’s why we advised you used the Professional solution like Hotmail Backup Tool to easily backup Hotmail account without any data loss or limitations. Even with this utility, you can convert the backup files in Different file formats like PST, EML, ELMX, CSV, MBOX, and many more.
In this article, we have discussed all the possible methods to migrate mailboxes from Hotmail. I hope you will get the best solution above the discussion on how to export emails from Hotmail Account. Here third party solution i.e. Hotmail Backup Software to quickly move emails from one Hotmail account to another Email client.