Tplinkrepeater is a wireless Wi-Fi repeater. The popularity of this technology has increased over the last few years. This device enables you to eliminate the WiFi dead zone of your home very quickly.
Today, you have a variety of devices running on Tplink wifi, including printing devices, cell phones, laptops, tablets, iPads, and wireless security cameras. The wireless devices need to be connected to your router network and a TP-Link repeater will help you extend your network to all of them.
Don’t Miss: How To Use Tplinkmifi Net for any device?
Use Of TplinkRepeater :
If you are a gamer who wants to play their favorite game from anywhere within the comfort of their own homes, or if you have a variety of online jobs that you want to work from wherever you are inside your home, additionally If you spend most of your time online for any purpose such as learning, teaching, and attending online conferences, then you’ll want a high-speed internet connection at home, but if your home wifi is not strong enough then Tplinkrepeater can help you out!
It will allow a more stable signal from your primary router to your repeater, which will allow you to play all night long and have smooth internet connection.
Technology from TP-Link has also been called WiFi boosters or range extenders or WiFi repeaters in recent years. Therefore, don’t be misled by the names. They are nothing new and extend the router signal beyond its essential range. All of them reside on your LAN at home or at the office.
How To Install Tplinkrepeater?
If you are an installation of the tp-link repeater, so it is very simple and does not take much time to install it.
- At first, plug the tplinkrepeater into the power circuit and turn on the power circuit button.
- Then, the light will blink and wait for some time to get blinking light be stable.
- After that, check the extender speed. (For this, open the computer and open any internet browser, Type the speed test of the extender in the search field and check its speed.)
- Then, connect the wi-fi repeater via ethernet cable or wi-fi. If you connect via wi-fi no password will require.
- Then, open the web browser and type the IP address of the repeater. (The default IP address can be different by its model, Most common IPs your can use are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.254)
- Once that is done, you will see a login screen. Enter your username and password, and then click Login.
- The set up wizard appears, select which Wi-Fi connection you would like to extend, then enter your re-table password and click save. The installation is now complete.
How To Install TPlinkrepeater via WPS
- We need to place the extender in the same room as the router in order for this setup to work. We recommend placing your extender and router within a range of 5-10 feet for faster Tplinkrepeater.net Setup.
- Plug in the repeater and wait until the power light turns steady on it.
- Activate WPS on your extender and then activate WPS on your router within two minutes. The blinking light will be visible on both devices.
- It takes only 10-15 seconds to establish a secure connection between these devices. The router’s WPS LED will stop blinking as soon as successful connection occurs, while the repeater’s WPS LED will turn solid after connecting. The process must be repeated for 5GHz, if your router and extender are dual-band devices.
- If your router’s WPS button is disabled or doesn’t work, you need to log into the router. Next, go to wireless settings > WPS settings > and enable WPS.
TPlink Extender Setup Via Tether App
This type of setup requires a router with a working SSID and password.
- The repeater should be connected about half-way between your router and the place you need Wi-Fi.
- The LED on it should turn stable once it is turned on. In some cases, it might be solid green, while in others it might be solid blue.
- Connect your phone or tablet to the name of the network you desire, such as tplinkrepeater.
- Open the Tp-Link tether app and enter the model number in which you want to set up your repeater.
- Type the password of the WiFi network you want to extend and select it from the list. You will need to repeat the steps if your router and extender are dual-band.
- Next, you will be shown how the extended network will look (SSID_EXT). It is now possible to customize the network name for your extender.
- The extender will restart for 60 seconds after applying your settings. You can now connect your devices to the WiFi network that you created on your WiFi list.
How To Update The Tplinkrepeater
- If you are onto tp link firmware update, so you can open the internet browser and enter the official website or IP address of the repeater.
- After that log-in page appears then, fill in the password and click log-in.
- On the left side of the page, you can see many options such as WLAN, Netz, and system tools.
- You have to click system tools and various option will be displayed.
- Then you need to click firmware-upgrade, and two options will appear: update and uninstall.
- You will have to click on “update” to make the changes. Then you can see if your repeater has been updated.
How To Change The Password Of The Tplink Repeater
If you want to change the tplinkrepeater password, then you can easily change it.
- For this, you must first open any internet browser and type the IP address or website in the browser search bar.
- Then, go to the tplinkrepeater setting and click the option: change password.
- Then you type your new password in the password field and click the save button.
- Now, the password of the Tplink repeater has been changed successfully.
How To Reset The Tplink Repeater
- Plug the tplinkrepeater and press or hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Until WPS LED lights up.
- Then wait for the transformation of the light, until the power and wireless lights up.
- Launch a web browser and enter the IP address of your extender. There will then be a page that will display three options: Home, Settings, and Management.
- To reset, click the management option. When you click the option, you will see the factory default button, you have to click it. There will be a popup notification asking if you want to confirm the reset.
- Then click on OK.
How to Resolve When tplinkrepeater login failed
It is easiest to set up TP-link repeaters through the web-based interface. The TplinkRepeater.net interface of this software may be difficult to login to. When the TP-Link repeater is unable to be logged in, try these steps:
- If you are using Ethernet cable, refer to the Quick Installation Guide and make sure the physical connection between TP-link and the end device is correct. Ensure that the power outlet is properly connected to the TP-link repeater. If you don’t see the LAN/Ethernet LED, you should try another Ethernet port.
- Sign in with your default IP address or default domain name to access the web interface. Tp-linkrepeater’s default IP address is either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.254, depending on the model number. The Tp-Link extender’s default login user name and password is “admin” in all lowercase. If you have forgotten the username or password, you can re-set the TP-link repeater.
- If TPLinkRepeater still cannot be logged in, then power off the device and then turn it on again.
- Ethernet cables should be connected to a repeater and a computer or laptop. Open a browser and type http://tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar.
- It may help to try using a different web browser and end-device if the problem continues. Try restarting the computer or clearing the DNS cache if you only have a computer. Alternatively, you can disable the firewall or your antivirus software and give it another go.
What Is The tplink repeater Default Username And Password
The default username and password for most TP-link devices is “admin” in lowercase. You will need these credentials to log in to the repeater configuration web interface. You can login into your tp-link repeater by following the following steps:
- Your phone or laptop needs to be connected to the tp-link_extender_XXX wireless network that appears in your WiFi list. Log in to the device’s web access page by typing http://tplinkrepeater.net in any web browser.
- The default user name and password should be entered on the Tp-Link login page. The username and password should be “admin” in lowercase.
- You can change the credentials by clicking the access control link in the management menu. It can be found on the left hand side of the page. Changing the password requires entering the old configuration first, then entering the new one.
- To save the settings, click on apply or save.
Unable To Access Tplinkrepeater.net Setup
Some times, we don’t see the TP-Link Repeater on our WiFi list, or it keeps disconnecting from the internet. You can troubleshoot this issue by following these steps:
- Check first if the repeater is properly connected to your device. Wireless connections require connecting your computer/phone to the WiFi network name TP-LINK_REPEATER_XXX. Connect your computer to your Tplink extender with an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that your computer or other device associated with the TP-link has cleared its cache.
- It is important to ensure you have entered the correct website address for the tp-link repeater. If you type incorrectly, you will either be redirected or show an error message. In order to log into Tplinkrepeater.net Setup, you need to use the address: Tplinkrepeater.net
- You should reset your local DNS cache files. Go to the menu, Programs, Accessories, and then Command Prompt for Windows. Run ipconfig/flushdns. If you have a Mac OS, please consult HT5343 in Apple’s knowledge base. Resetting the local DNS cache is best done by performing a power cycle on smartphones or tablets.
Have a great time!!