Are you looking to earn money without stepping out of your house? Well, that is what every youngster in this era is looking for. The best way to make money with your compatibility is to work online. You can earn online as much as you want, and the best part of an online job is that you are your boss. Besides that, you can perform your loving task.
When we step into online jobs, we find multiple jobs from which we can choose based on our wish list. You don’t have to put effort into travelling to offices and working restlessly. Most importantly, online jobs are beneficial for introverts and socially awkward people, as research shows that most people love to work from home with their comfort level.
2020 was a history-changing year. It develops the sense of remote work or e-work from home, which soon converted into a trend. This guide will discover multiple places for teaching English online without a degree that pays higher than your 9to5 jobs.
An Introduction To Online Teaching Jobs For Class 1 To 5
Online teaching jobs are the most prevalent, attractive, and feasible forms of online tutoring and learning new things including Elementary or higher school studies and culinary art, musical instruments, new language, dance classes, singing classes, etc.
College students of the 21st century are not as interested in going to a physical college campus every day. The idea of going to a traditional school is considered outdated and many students see online learning as a more efficient way to get their education. With the rise of technology, more and more professors are teaching their courses online, adjusting their lectures for a more digital audience.
With the number of people enrolling in online courses at colleges and universities increasing, the number of jobs for online teachers also increases. Online teaching jobs are not limited to one type of position or field, making it a flexible career choice. It is important for any potential employer to be up-to-date with any technology that will be used in the classroom, as well as how to manage students’ progress.
These online teaching jobs provide employment to many retired teachers & professors and many college-going students who have good guiding skills.
Benefits Of Online Teaching Jobs
- There is no hard-fast rule of teaching for certain bounded hours; the flexibility of these online teaching jobs can be best understood by this major advantage.
- Another major factor is money; You can have an extra source of income to expand your shopping spree or any other desire.
- It is difficult to motivate students when there are 20 or more of them in a class. However, through the online mode, you can have one-on-one chats to motivate and analyze each student in order to uplift their career and study spirit.
18 Places To Teaching English Online Without a Degree
The Corona pandemic has caused huge losses in the education sector all over the world. Due to the closure of all schools and colleges, online teaching has proved to be very effective when students cannot attend in the classroom. Since then, the demand for online teaching jobs is also increasing a lot. In fact, online tutoring jobs are the most trending job opportunity after COVID.
Technology has changed the way we do many things, and this is no exception when it comes to teaching. Teaching can now be done online in the comfort of your own home. The benefits of online teaching are that no one needs to commute to class, there is less need for expensive furniture, spaces can be personalized with differently-coloured walls, and students will have more flexibility about their schedules.
Here are the 18 best places to teaching English online without a degree that you can look to build your career online.
1. Say ABC
Say ABC is an online platform that not only provides you with educational stability; this site offers the best online instructor jobs. It also provides you with a job with reasonable payment. It is a platform that helps 5-12-year-old children in learning English. People on this online teaching platform earn up to $17 per 40 minutes.
It’s never too early to start thinking about your future. If you are considering a career in education, SayABC may be the perfect place for you. As an online community for educators, SayABC offers tools and resources to help teachers grow their skills and broaden their knowledge base.
- You must be holding a bachelor’s or more than that degree.
- Final year students are acceptable.
- It would help if you have good English and a minimum of one year of teaching experience.
- You must be holding a TEFL /TESOL certificate.
SayABC Salary Range:
On this platform, 90% of the teachers teach four classes every day, earning about $84 per day on average.
Tutor Supply is a part-time teaching job platform. It has a highly professional staff with good experience, and it has a wide range of faculties. They provide you with educational help in every subject of all levels. They offer jobs to expert educational consultants. Tutor Supply is the best platform to join as a tutor as it has a wide range of subjects.
This TutorSupply platform is specifically catered for those who desire to establish their credentials and enhance their skills in the field of education.
- You must be certified highly and must have expert knowledge in all areas of your subject.
- Must have your DBS information and QTS or equivalent teaching qualification in hand.
- You must qualify for the interview.
TutorSuppply Salary Range:
- They will send you a link with further detailed information with a salary package after you clear the interview.
3. Panda ABC
Someone might want to do online teaching jobs because they want to change their career. If you have been doing one type of job for years, you might be looking to switch to another area that you are more interested in, Panda ABC might help you in achieving such your dreams.
Panda ABC is an online English learning and online teaching job from a home site. It is convenient to work with Panda ABC as it is a platform for children. working on Panda ABC, you can adjust your schedule according to your availability and choose the time you are compatible with.
Panda ABC Requirements:
- You must be a native English speaker.
- It is mandatory to hold a bachelor’s degree in English.
- You must have a fast internet connection with good quality audio and good video capability.
Panda ABC Salary Range:
- Working on this site will help you earn up to 30 US dollars per 50 minutes. The earning depends on your attendance rate.
4. Bling ABC
Bling ABC is an online teaching platform with an interactive, child-friendly interface. It combines the latest technology with the best of traditional teaching methods to provide a rich learning environment for children.
Bling ABC’s interface is designed for children from kindergarten to 8th grade. Teachers can use it to create personalized education plans for their students, based on state standards and recommended weekly lesson plans. It also includes a digital curriculum for teachers and students alike.
They also train you with expert details of confidence and teaching skills before your first class. They work with your ability in setting up your schedule.
Bling ABC Requirements:
- You must hold a bachelor’s degree.
- You should hold TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or a valid State/Provincial Teaching License.
- You must be a native English speaker.
- You can only work on a PC or Laptop with speedy internet with good audio and video capability.
Bling ABC Salary Range:
- They offer a competitive rate to their teachers and you may earn up to $21 to $27 per hour. The rate depends on your availability.
5. Magic Ears
The magic ear is a great English learning and teaching website for children under 4-12. They help and inspire students in learning English and assist teachers in everything regarding students. They serve their students with highly qualified, professional, and certified teachers online.
If you are looking for a rewarding and profitable career in teaching English as a second language, you may want to consider Magic Ears as one of your many options. This is an exciting new business opportunity that offers an innovative approach to online teaching jobs.
Magic Ears Requirements:
- They require a licensed teacher who should have a graduate degree.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in English.
Magic Ears Salary:
- Work From Home Magic Ears receive on average $4,902 a month in the United States.
Gogokid is an educational online English learning and teaching site for children aged 4-12. It allows for easy and safe online teaching to children of any age, including preschoolers and teenagers. The website has simple navigation and offers a clear explanation of its services on the homepage.
GoGoKids has earned itself a lot of popularity in the field of online tutoring. The online tutoring jobs offered by GoGo Kids are designed to suit the requirements of students across the various levels of education.
- You must have a good ability to teach kids aged 4-12.
- You must have a PC or a Laptop with a fast internet connection.
- You must have a teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA).
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or above.
- You must be a native English speaker from the United States or Canada.
GoGoKid Salary Range:
- It pays $7 to $10 per 25 minutes for the base rate. The rate depends on your qualifications and experience. With GoGoKid Teachers can earn up to $25 USD/hour.
7. iTutor Group
iTutor Group is a teaching platform that connects students to the teachers they need. With so many online courses being offered, iTutor Group is dedicated to helping students find the right teacher for their needs. With a wide variety of teachers, whether it’s for math, science, art, or language courses, iTutor Group provides the perfect tutor for anyone who needs one.
The first and foremost advantage of the iTutor Group is that it provides excellent quality education to students. The iTutor group online teaching offers courses in various subjects such as English grammar, reading and writing, math, science, and much more.
iTutor Group Requirements:
- You must be a bachelor or more in the relative subject and must have one year of experience.
- Must have a valid TESL/TEFL certificate.
- You must be fluent in speaking English.
iTutor Group Salary Range:
- iTutorGroup determines salary based on the candidate’s location. The average salary on this platform is $3 – $18 per hour.
Lingoda is a truly global online teaching platform for language learning. It provides a variety of online classes, from one-on-one lessons to group classes. The best part about it too is that you can take as many classes as you want until you’re satisfied with the level you’re at.
This online teaching platform is for educators to share their knowledge and encourage student development. Educators all over the world join Lingoda to teach English, Mandarin, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Russian languages. As an educator, you can create your own course where students can practise reading and listening comprehension skills.
- You must have a certificate in teaching and at least 2-3 years’ experience.
- You must clear the interview or application process.
- You must be fluent in English.
Lingoda Salary Range:
- Native English teachers at Lingoda are paid $8-13 per hour. Salaries on this platform vary upon your experience and availability.
Cambly is an online teaching platform that connects tutors and students from all over the world. The platform is updated constantly with features such as private tutoring, language exchange, and chat-based lessons.
It provides adult learners around the globe with lessons in a variety of subjects. To be an eligible online English teacher, all you need is to be either a native English speaker or at least a close-to-native English speaker who can communicate well in English.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in English.
- You must be a native English speaker.
- No teaching certificate is needed.
Cambly Salary Range:
- The average pay rate on Cambly is $12/hour. You can get your payment every Monday through PayPal.
10. Landi English
Landi English is an English learning and teaching site based on CLIL. This website aims to make their native Chinese students learn English as well as students around the world. As they offer multiple jobs, You can join any according to your desires.
The website is easy to navigate, as well as being relatively feature-rich. It provides clear instructions on their services and is an excellent resource for finding additional information about teaching or learning English as a second language.
Landi English Requirements:
- You must be holding a bachelor’s degree or more than above in English.
- You must own a teaching certificate.
- A /TESOL/TEFL/CELTA or other teaching certificate is preferred.
- You Must Be a native speaker with a neutral accent.
Landi English Salary Range:
- Landi English salaries currently range from 10-18 dollars per hour. Based on a teacher’s demo lesson performance and prior experience teaching ESL, Landi determines the exact rate for each teacher.
Skooli is an online teaching and learning platform that helps students learn all the subjects under a highly-certified teacher’s supervision.
With the rise in popularity of distance learning and online teaching jobs, you no longer need to travel to a nearby college campus to teach students and make money. With a Skooli online teaching job, you will be able to earn handsome money from home at any time of the day or night. No matter what your schedule is, you are sure to find a job that fits your availability.
- You must be holding a bachelor’s or more than that in your field.
- You must also have a teaching license and special instructor qualifications.
- ESL or other language qualification.
Skooli Salary Range:
- Tutors at Skooli earn $25 per hour on average. When tutors’ earnings reach $100, they are eligible for a payout via PayPal.
The Oakary platform is an online teaching platform that works with teachers and provides them with tools to create their own classes. Oakary offers a suite of features for both the teacher and student, including educational content, forums, class management, group chat, file sharing, live lectures, graded assignments, and quizzes.
Oakary is a website that works with professional, experienced, and friendly tutors. They offer flexible hours of working. This website allows you to teach from any part of the world. They pay you well, and the best part is that it is no problem if you do not have any experience. In this platform, an introductory class runs for 25-45 minutes per session.
- No experience is required.
- You must be a bachelor’s in your field and must have a teaching license.
Oakary Salary Range:
- An Oakary English Language Teacher earns an average of $48,737 a year in the United States.
Skillshare is an online teaching platform that allows anyone with a passion to teach and share their knowledge with others. The site provides forums, courses, and projects for people to explore and hone their skills in different areas of life such as design, creativity, cooking, entrepreneurship, and more.
Well, are you skilled enough to teach? If yes, then you can earn a handsome amount simply by teaching skills to other people.
- Any creative skill is the only requirement to work on Skillshare.
SkillShare Average salary:
- With this platform, you can earn a base salary of $15 per hour, but this will depend on the level of your experience and skills. However, as a teacher, you will have to understand that you won’t get full-time wages which is still more than most people earn per hour.
14. A+ Teacher
A+ Teacher is a company that offers online teaching services, where teachers are paid US$30 per hour. A+ teacher prefers students and teachers of Asia. IF you are from Asia, this is the golden opportunity to add extra funds to your account.
A+ teacher is a great platform for teachers who are looking to improve their teaching skills. It is a platform for teachers to plan and organize their classes, and it also helps them with teaching strategies.
A+ Teacher Requirement:
- The teacher must be from Asia because this app is specially designed for natives of Asia.
A+ Teacher Average salary:
- The salary of an A + teacher starts from 30 USD per hour.
Skima Talk is another online teaching platform helping people with online learning and teaching opportunity. Their online learning and teaching platform have made it easy, convenient, and affordable for anyone to share skills and knowledge without regard to differences in language, culture, or nationality.
This platform helps English learners find the best English teachers from all over the world. It also provides a platform where anyone can start one-on-one online English lessons. Currently, they only teach English but have a plan to include other skills in the near future.
Skima Talk Requirement:
- The teacher must be a native English speaker.
- Teachers are expected to present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- An English teaching background is preferred, but not required.
- Teachers must be committed and reliable.
Skima Talk Average salary Range:
- Skima Talk pays Native Speakers $12.80+ an hour for 25-minute ESL classes (after 20% commission).
16. Hujiang EdTech
Hujiang is the leading e-learning platform in China with over 110 million registered users. They are looking for ESL teachers and instructors to teach on their platform. I would recommend this opportunity to anyone who is interested in teaching Chinese students.
Hujiang EdTech is a major Chinese online education platform that delivers education content, online courses, and offline courses to students. Founded in 2003 the company has been one of China’s leading providers of educational resources. Hujiang EdTech services over 1 million students each year and offers its customers a variety of educational programs.
Hujiang EdTech Requirement:
- TKT, TEFL, TESOL, CELTA certified are required to apply for jobs in Hujiang EdTech.
Hujiang EdTech Average salary:
- The salary of the teacher on Hujiang EdTech starts from $12 – $20 per hour.
Boxfish is an online teaching platform that you can use to create interactive teaching materials for your students. It comes with a few teaching templates which you can use to organize your lesson plans. Boxfish offers attractive and affordable packages to teachers and because of the attractive package, professionals also use this platform to share their knowledge.
It is a great place for teachers to go to look for online teaching jobs. The site is easy to navigate, picture-filled, and they have an attractive package for teachers who wants to pursue their career as an online teacher.
- Bachelor’s degree in English is required.
- Native English speakers of the USA, UK, and Canada can apply for jobs in this online teaching platform.
- TOEFL/TESOL certification is required.
- Previous online teaching experience (over one year).
- Possess a warm personality and are patient.
BoxFish Average salary:
- The average pay on Boxfish online teaching platform is $10 per 25-minute session.
18. Whales English
Whales English is an online school based in Beijing, China. This school used to teach students on age from 3 to 18 years. There is a growing gap between privileged and underprivileged groups in society, and Whales English strives to bridge this gap.
There is a massive gap between students and teachers on most online teaching platforms but this platform facilitates the development of a friendly learning environment.
Whales English Requirement:
- Must be holding a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Must have 1+ years of experience teaching kids.
- A teaching certificate, such as TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, etc.
- Applicants must be native English speakers from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, or New Zealand.
Whales English Average salary Range:
- Through this platform, one can earn $18 – $26 per hour. They also provide bonuses occasionally.
Bonus: Some Other Places For Teaching English Online Without a Degree
Yes, you heard it right. The most reachable platform to start online teaching is a daily most used app, YouTube.
It’s a diverse and widespread platform where you can instruct millions of students of different ages and from other parts of the world. If you are a teacher already, you can definitely try your next online step here.
How to start an online teaching jobs career on YouTube!
- You just need to record the video and upload the teaching videos over the platform.
- You can use animations, handwritten notes or a blackboard live teaching to prepare the video going to be uploaded.
- For some hints and working on the YouTube recording and uploading feature, you can watch some tutorials over the same platform. You can create a tutorial video of any art or skills that you wish to teach online by performing it.
- Beginners such as students, who already keep up with the technology, will find it easier to use and teach there. YouTube earning is a bit different.
Average Earning :
You earn as per the views you receive over some time for a particular video or tutoring. For this, you need to spread your video to your contacts or links to get likes, views, and subscriptions to earn and make a decent living.
Networking is another crucial aspect of it. You can even advertise on some social media sites to attract a group of relevant viewers.
Most of the students must have heard about it from advertisements or from other students using it. There are more than 10,000 experts who teach in many different subject areas, such as NEET-UG, UPSC, Bank PO, CA, CS, Class 11 and 12, Foundation courses, and other competitive courses.
A primary goal of this platform is to support the varying educational needs of a diverse, career-oriented, and nationally dispersed student body in order to prepare them academically, personally, and professionally.
How to start an online teaching jobs career in Unacademy
The program is not only open to Indian students, but also to foreign students who wish to pursue careers in these fields in INDIA. They have separate apps for students and educators.
You can either teach them to live or upload some offline courses that each learner can access. There is also a plus platform, where learners can buy a subscription at an affordable price to access more UNAcamdey features, such as daily quizzes, DPPs, and much more.
Average Earning :
Your salary is calculated upon the basis of views per hour you get on your streamed courses or special live classes. For a verified and top educator, income is relatively high. Teachers with experience are preferred. Even students who have cleared some competitions are also legible.
Vedantu is a similar platform to Unacademy. To start teaching here, you are provided with an application form. Fill it out and prepare a persuasive and interactive demo of your relevant subject which is noise-free. They have an option for part-time and full-time tutors.
You can also opt for multiple subjects tutoring as well. For professional teachers and professors, the pay scale is relatively large. You can definitely try your luck if you are a teaching or guiding expert.
# Question and doubts experts
Some students tend to ask questions on some online websites to clear their doubts. This is the opportunity for teachers to become subject matter experts and resolve the doubts of students through online mode only. You can sign up on popular websites such as Chegg, doubtnut, toppr, clay6, khan academy, Britannica, byjus, lumenlearning etc. They might take some tests or quizzes before appointing you as a subject matter expert.
After being appointed, relevant doubts and questions are directed to you on your profile or email. You can solve and get the doubts rectified for the students out there. Payment for each query solved is different on different online platforms.
Average Earning :
It may vary from $10 to $20 per hour or $3 to $5 per query solved.
# Notes provider
Students are very chivalrous and keep on escaping the online classes as well. But at the exam peak time, they go into the deep search of short notes and important questions. Here the educators can provide students with high-quality notes. You can make them available on some website or personally. Notesgen is a leading name in this category.
You can upload your handwritten or typed notes in PDF form with an appropriate description of the notes provided. You will be paid for each note purchase. You have to put on a price tag as per the quality, quantity, and importance of the notes you share with the students. You also have a chat option to add some updated edits to them.
# Telegram or whats app
If you are sensitive to online live teaching on other platforms and fear payment fraud, then this is the best-suited option for you. You can start your own telegram channel or what’s app group to add students to it. And provide classes on Google meet or Zoom classes. You can charge on an hourly basis as soon as the student is admitted to your channel. There you can provide notes, links to the scheduled classes, and other study material.
# Recruiters platform
You can even search for online teaching jobs on job provider platforms like indeed, LinkedIn or naukri.com. The needy students, learners, or any teaching institutions advertise or put up the post for hiring an online tutor.
Here are some other up-to-date top platforms where you can give a kick start to your online teaching job career on your own and earn more and spread your teachings to every corner of the world.
List of colleges and universities which offer online teaching jobs opportunities
- American intercontinental university
- American public university system – APUS
- Grand canyon university – GCU
- Independence university
- Rasmussen college
- Strayer university
- Walden university
In conclusion, online teaching jobs can be a great way to make money while you work from home. However, there are many factors to take into account before committing yourself to this new career path. Online teaching jobs are not for everyone – it’s important to think about your goals and expectations before pursuing this opportunity. It takes some time and effort to get established, so it’s unlikely you’ll get rich overnight.